e-Channel: Ontario's online Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) program
Delivering the free education adult learners need
e-Channel is a partnership of five LBS providers dedicated to supporting Ontario’s adult learners in achieving their goals for employment, further education and greater independence.
Funded by Ontario’s Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development, the programming is designed to help learners upgrade their skills to find a job or get a promotion, register in an apprenticeship program, prepare for college or university, finish high school or become more independent.
Each partner provides free online courses — both live and anytime — that are tailored to specific groups of learners:
- ACE Distance/Online: For upgrading your education and opening doors to college, apprenticeship and employment
- Deaf Learn Now: For adults who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Good Learning Anywhere: For adult learners looking to upgrade their skills for home, work and/or school with an emphasis on Northern, rural, remote and Indigenous communities
- F@D (Le Programme de formation à distance): For French-speaking Ontarians
- The LearningHUB: For adult learners who want a flexible online learning environment to upgrade their skills for apprenticeship and employment and to explore personal finance, technology, career options, etc.